Thursday, September 07, 2006

Scripture reading

At small group last night we got talking about spiritual disciplines and Gordon (the Pastor) shared about Bible reading and he challenged us to just read until something stands out to us and to then journal what and why

I got out my Bible tonight and spent some time reading (for the first time in weeks) The scripture passage that stood out to me was:

Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to cast out evil spirits and to heal every kind of disease and illness....

[Jesus says to...] Go and announce to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received.

Matthew 10:1,6-8

This stuck out to me because of what God entrusts to us. I see myself as a disciple of Jesus and the challenge here is to do good in the world and announce the Kingdom of God through this.

Image004 edit

This photo is out on a friends farm, I love it out there :)

2 comments:

The Merry Rose said...

i guess i would ask firstly what do you think is going out into the world mean to you?

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like the 12 disciples were similiar to Red mages with a White mage sub.......

Guess that would make Jesus the first true Paladin, but I want to know more about the Thieves. So you have a bible quest for me, find me stories about a Thief, and maybe something similiar to a Dragoon for Edwynne.