Thursday, March 15, 2007

Famine update

It has been interesting this last week, I have had world vision on my heart for the last few months moving to invercargill has been a good thing for this :)

An event down here for the 40hr famine that I am involved with is the 'Window of Hope'


This is Steve Broad (a guy who was on NZ Idol) being in a shop window for 40hrs, there will be people collecting for World Vision. It has been awesome to be involved seeing people get excited about this and the willingness of people to spend an hour to two being a collector, theres even local celebs getting behind it - Tim Shadbolt (local Mayor), Netball Players, Police chiefs etc.
I am personally up to $100 for the famine now so yay, I am pretty stoked about that :) I have been having a competition with a friend (Nicola) to see who can raise the most, I'm a little behind but I don't mind.

It is good to be back involved doing stuff, I want my faith to be something that makes a difference in this world. Things like world vision are such a great way to rally a community together and to express the heart of God for people. I love it!!!

No comments: