Sunday, June 25, 2006

Flame

We had a childrens service this morning, it was an interesting experience for me. Generally I know when the holy spirit is calling out loudly to me because my legs start shaking, my gut starts filling with butterflies and I know I have a choice. I can choose to stay where I am or I can choose to respond. Usually I sense the holy spirit working quietly almost secretly in the background but occasionally he shouts. This morning was a morning where he was shouting to me.
I am unsure what was being done in me this morning but I know that a response was needed, I stepped forward, got on my knees and asked God for his fire, his passion, his zeal.

The question that came to my mind after the service was "Where to from here?" How is this experience going to effect how I live this thing called life? How is this going to be reflected in my wanderings?

I do not have an answer to this, yet for some reason this does not disturb me, it fills me with hope, hope about the things I am involved with, hope for seeing him working in people lives, hope that he has the best for me.

Theres a scripture that talks about this, I can't remember where it is, somewhere in the letters of Paul I think, talking about the "hope we have in him" (Jesus), look it up I think it is kinda related to what I am sharing out lol...

Well this is another step on the journey :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm im amuzed constantly by the song come Holy Spirit... when the Holy Sirit is already ment to be here with us.....
us living every day in the Spirit.. Does the HS actually leave us and need to come back or is it us that walks away???