Monday, June 05, 2006

No mates .... no thanks

I have had a real nagging feeling for the last few months, I have read books to try to satisfy this feeling, I have subscribed to website newsletters, and I have tried to ignore it by keeping focused on other things (e.g. Gaming, Movies).
This weekend it has been really hitting me... I feel lonely. As a teenager this wasn't an issue, I always got invites to things from friends but friends have moved on and now I spend my weekends either alone at home or with teenagers playing computer games (no offense to the teenagers). I know I am not the only person who stuggles with this I have tried to get together with people my own age but this is soo hard.

Well I'm sick of this!


Well I'm sick of this! I heard about a young adults small group that the local New Life church runs, I have contacted them about it and I'm going to go tomorrow nite.

I find it amazing how in a world that has so many methods of connecting with others (texting, instant messaging, video calls, blogs etc.) that we are the most disconnected generation yet. I was watching Juice TV (music channel) and every second song was singing about lonelyness. Lyrics like "Such a lonely day shouldn't exist, It's a day that I'll never miss, Such a lonely day and its mine, the most loneliest day of my life"(System of a Down) and "I'm so lonely,I'm Mr. Lonely" (Akon) . There is a cry out there for that sense of connection with oth
ers. There is no denying that God will never leave of forsake us

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD is the one who goes before you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor forsake you. (Deut 31:8, NLT)
Its comforting to know that regardless how we feel that our God will never bail on us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr Curtis.. sorry dude i feel partly responcible for this, didnt realise you felt this way...

sending you much love....
hoping we can catch up again soonish, lunch the other day was great.... love your idea/lunch time fellowship thingy you were telling me about....

Brad