Thursday, May 18, 2006

Who am I?

I am sitting here at my parents old computer and listening to Third Day.

I have been thinking about how we approach God and how we do this thing we call 'church', I come from a christian background, I met Jesus at age 17 and have done the 'church' thing for the last 6 years. I have had a nagging feeling for the last year or so that there is something missing from the way we do 'church'.

...the real tragedy is that is not that churches are
dying but that churches have lost their resaon to live! - Erwin McMannus
I'm reading a great book at the moment by an american Erwin McMannus that is resonating with my soul (An unstoppable force). I feel the rumblings of what he is saying and I am processing what this means for this faith I claim. My wanderings have led me down different paths of late and I am unsure which path I seek. I am at a crossroads looking at the signpost wondering which direction I will take. One way accept the status-quo, the other way is to be different, to be reveloutionary. I believe that the church can be the light of the world that it claims to be but I wonder if it has gone into defense mode and as Erwin puts it 'built a Castle' to defend itself.

Just some thoughts from one wandering down the road....

No comments: