Saturday, May 20, 2006

Why go to Church?

I have talked to a few people about why they attend Church on Sundays, It has been interesting to see the variation in reasons. Here are some of them...
  • Teaching - Sunday mornings are about the teaching that comes from the pulpit.
  • Fellowship - Sunday mornings are about gathering with other Christians for social reasons.
  • Ministry - Sunday mornings are about seeing others connect with God in a way that is significant.
  • Worship - Sunday mornings are about coming into Gods presence and experiencing his spirit inside.

I read a sample chapter from a book that will be coming out in the next few months called "Starving Jesus" (http://www.starvingjesus.com) in this chapter the writer shares about his story and going through a time of not attending Sunday services.


Why didn't I go to church? The reason was simple: I didn't want to. So, one day I decided I would go. Because church is not about me. It is not about what I like, what I want to sing, what I wish I could hear and how short I wish the service was.

This is an example of what Church is about, Sunday services are not about ourselves they are about serving others like the big guy did.

No comments: